Open Knowledge Finland is a network of about 500 people with an active core team of about 40 professionals and activists who seek to fulfill the association’s purpose with both projects and advocacy. We usually employ about 10 people overall out of which 2 people work for the association’s administration.
Open Knowledge Finland is almost completely project funded so we are always open to new collaborations that might benefit us and the society as a whole.
In previous years we have worked on for example:
- Projects with funders or organizations
- Organizing conferences such as the MyData conference
- Organizing hackathons such as Hack4FI, Demokratiahack, Perustulohack and many others
- Doing academic and practical research, writing White Papers
- Making applications and software services such as Tietopyynto.fi
- Providing education through courses, talks and creating MOOC such as the Avoimen datan avaaja MOOC
Can we help? Please do not hesitate to contact Executive director (toiminnanjohtaja) Teemu Ropponen: +358 40 525 5153, firstname.lastname@example.org